I’ve been asked a couple of times before if I ever come across writer’s block. I surely do! Many times! Now with this August goal to write a post a day I’ve had writer’s block more than ever. So what do I do to overcome this and continue with my challenge? Here are some of the things I do (in no specific order).
- Ask a friend! Sometimes I ask my friend what they think would be a good topic to write about.
- Listen to music. Sometimes music can inspire great words in our minds.
- Read a book or a blog. Great authors can lead us in the right path.
- Watch a movie. Ever been inspired by a cinematic scenery?
- Get up and forget about writing. Sometimes we need of thoughts and having that rest might give us new and refreshed ideas later on.
I had a teacher who told us to always carry a small book and something to write with, a pen, a pencil, a crayon or whatever it was that we wanted to write with. Many of us looked at our teacher wondering why he would say such thing. It was only later that I discovered that ideas come and go sometimes when you least expect it and if you don’t capture them in the moment they can go away and never be expressed. So hold on to your ideas, express them to the world!
Smile, capture an idea.